Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a building permit to add a structure on my property?

Ashland County passed an ordinance that requires a building permit. The Town of Marengo does not issue building permits, so you will need to contact the UDI Inspection agent listed on the Ashland County website to obtain a permit.

Who do I call to report a road hazard such as a tree in the road or washout?

Contact your Town Supervisor.

How can I set up services for snow removal on my residential driveway?

Contact your Town Treasurer, Diane Eid at 715-278-3426.

Where/how do I pay my property taxes?

You can submit you tax payment to your Town Treasurer prior to January 31 of the following calendar year. Any payments made after January 31 should be mailed to the Treasurer at the Ashland City Court House.

Ashland City Courthouse
Attn: Tracy Hoglund, Treasurer
201 Main St W
Ashland, WI 54806

How do I get a fire number?

Contact Dorothy Tank with the Emergency Management Department for Ashland County at 715-685-7640 or

When there is a road ban, how do I get a permit?

Contact your Town Supervisor.